I decided to write this post because we were told, finding egg-free vegetarian food in Italy would be hard and oh boy were those people wrong! Rome has evolved!
Let’s get right to the good stuff because when people are hungry the last thing they want to do is read.
General Tips for Food in Rome
- Booking a table is ideal for the city or you can sometimes be waiting for a long time, popular places tend to be very busy!
- People eat later there – 8-10 pm is prime time for dinner.
Via Volturno, 39/41, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
- They have around 5 pages of Vegan dishes on their menu that you have to choose from. They have so much variety, it’s unreal!
- They also serve meat at this restaurant so if you don’t like that then this is not the place to go. But realistically only pure/vegetarian and vegan places are a little limited as you can imagine. I only included this place in the post as the variety of choice is amazing.
- It also gets very busy here, so get there early or book a table.
Via Bergamo, 56, 00198 Roma RM, Italy
- This is a fully vegan place and you cannot tell that the cheese isn’t real cheese. Mind blowing for me! I have never been to a place like that! Not in London anyway and I am not a fan of vegan cheese at all normally.
- They had great Italian dishes such as gnocchi, tortellini, lasagna etc. all without egg and dairy products. Just incredible!
- There is buffet style food here and the price is based on the weight of your plate.
- Great for people like me who love a bit of everything but not so good for my husband who eats a ton of food! The more food, the more the price is!
- I personally don’t like almond or soya milk, so the coffee was a total let down for me.
Via Acciaioli, 13, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Vegan restaurant
- Do not recommend this place, it was horrible!
- It was all raw food. Not. A. Fan.
- The place has great reviews online but it was overpriced and not tasty at all.
- The vegan cheese was disgusting.
- They could tell that we didn’t like the food and they didn’t even offer a discount.
- It was just not nice. No no no!
Via Margutta, 118, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
- The best restaurant that we went to in Rome.
- They combine art and food to create very unique dishes.
- The quality of food is insane and they also have vegan options too.
- The chef had complimentary deserts come out after your food.
- We told them we were egg free (not vegan here) they completely tailored things for us.
- I went on my birthday so I was super happy!
- Little pricey but expected at a place like this (still nowhere near the prices of London)
- They didn’t have any cake for my birthday!
Was this post useful? Please let me know in the comments below.